RSPA Slo-Pitch Open Practice For New PlayersUpdated April 20, 2022
RSPA open practice moved to Forest Glen ParkRSPA open practice moved to Forest Glen Park (see map below) map
FGL - Forest Glen/Glen Forest School/Park, Mississauga East
Forest Glen Park is located at Glen Forest Secondary School, 3575 Fieldgate Drive, Mississauga, ON L4X 1V5
East side of Fieldgate Drive, south off of Burnhamthorpe Road, or north of Bloor Street; one unlit diamond, unfenced.
Practices so far have been a little chilly but still new players and teams reps show up.
Should warm up soon. Lots of teams looking for female players and couples M-F, and maybe high-level males.
RSPA Coed Slo-Pitch League (7M-3F) holds open practices for new players trying to find a
COED team or a MENS MASTERS 50+ REC team in Mississauga-Etobicoke.
• RSPA plays coed 7M-3F, Monday to Friday nights, Mississauga-Etobicoke, all levels F to D (maybe C).
• RSPA plays Mens Masters 50+ Rec on Wednesday nights, Mississauga-Etobicoke.
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to attend the new player practice.
(Coed teams looking for females, couples and high level males ONLY).
RSPA 2022 New Player/Open Practice ScheduleUpdated November 18, 2021
RSPA open practices for new players looking for a COED team or a Mens Masters 50+ team in Mississauga-Etobicoke.
Email me email@example.com if you wish to attend the new player practice. (Coed looking for females and couples and high level males ONLY).
2022 Sunday morning practices are Sunday morning 10:00 am to 12:00 noon (weather permitting)
• Sunday, April 10 • Sunday, April 17 • Sunday, April 24 • Sunday, May 1.
2022 Thursday night practices are Thursday night 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (weather permitting)
• Thursday, April 14 • Thursday, April 21 • Thursday, April 28.
For more practice status, information, maps, etc. see RSPA Open Practice Info. - See RSPA New Player for new player info and FAQ.
RSPA 2021 New Player/Open Practice InfoUpdated March 7, 2021
• Practices obviously depend on the weather.
• Check the RSPA Open Practice Info before leaving. If it is not updated, then I will be there.
• DO NOT CALL ME to see if practice is still on.
Do not call me for directions to the park (seriously).
Do not call me with a question until you have read Frequently Asked Questions For New Players
• All correspondence is by email. If you have not received an email from me, then you are not on my email list.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on the list.
• Bring a baseball glove. Wear sensible running shoes, either cleats or turf shoes preferably or running shoes.
Metal cleats are NOT allowed. Bring a bat if you have one, but bats will be there. Balls will be supplied.
RSPA Slo-Pitch New Player Open PracticeUpdated January 12, 2021
RSPA hold open practices for new players looking for a COED team or a MENS MASTERS 50+ REC team in RSPA league,
Why do new players have to go to open practices?
- First off, it's nice to go out and get into some sort of shape before the season starts.
Too many new players underestimate the physical requirements of playing softball.
- Secondly, the league needs to rate all new players to see what level of ball they can play,
so that they can be put into the correct division.
- Also, it is nice to meet the players, since team reps show up at the practices, and sometimes pick players from the field that they can see, rather than from a list that doesn't give any indication of true level or personality.
- Yes personality counts! We also put together a new team from the players looking for a team. They usually are players that have shown up and bonded with each other at the open practices.
- Male players have a much better chance of making a team, if they can make more practices.
- If you do not go out to at least one open practice, you will not be placed on a team.
Will I definitely be put on a team?
- Females and couples have a 90% chance of making a team.
In fact, I like to say that all females and couples will be offered a spot, either on an existing team, or with the new team that gets formed. However, if you can't make certain nights, or don't want to travel to certain parks, your opportunites may be limited.
- Now that practices are limited, male players have about a 30-40% chance of making a team. Better players will get more offers. and male players have a much better chance of making a team, if they can make more practices.
- We had 180 teams in the league (pre-covid, 60 teams in covid 2020and 101 teams in 2021, and usually 15-20 of those teams are looking for players.
- If you do not go out to at least one open practice, you will probably not be placed on a team.
Players who are already on a team may NOT come out (unless they are looking for another team).
Team reps are allowed out to practices to observe and request players
BUT ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK TO NEW PLAYERS UNTIL APPROVED.
For info, contact Randy Warren, email@example.com
RSPA Home - SloPitch1.com Home - Site Map
For more information about RSPA Slo-Pitch
please contact: Randy Warren
RSPA 2022 Slo-Pitch TournamentsAll tournaments tentatively Saturday one-day.
Saturday, May 7 (one-day)
• June 4 • July 16 • July 23
• August 20 • September 24 • Oct 1