RSPA All-Star Night & Barbecue Friday, August 8, 2014Updated November 5, 2013
Derry Road, south-west corner of Goreway Drive / Disco Road; take 427 north to Derry Road,
take Derry Road west; the park is behind the Malton arena (use the arena parking lot to get into the park).
The parks are not visible from the street.
pitching contest, individual and team throwing contests, games, etc.
All events will require a donation to enter and all funds, plus a donation from the league,
will be sent to Heart & Stroke in his name.
Each team can nominate a male player and a female player for each event.
This year, we will allow multiple player entries from the same team in all events.
RSPA Slo-Pitch 2013 All-Star Night & BarbecueUpdated January 22, 2013
- The RSPA All-Star Night & Barbecue was on Friday, August 9, 6:30 pm at Wildwood Park,
and was another great success.
- Free barbecue & beverages; home run hitting contest (male & female), base running (male & female),
pitching contest, individual and team throwing contests, games, etc. We had to cut the team throwing because so many went in the home run contests.
- This event was dedicated to Chris Allen, a fund-raiser for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.
We raised $715.00 and the league will match that and $1430.00 will be sent to Heart & Stroke in his name.
- The contests were mostly a match-up between Born Stars and Breaking Bats.
- Greg Aishford from Breaking Bats beat Matt Dottin from Born Stars to win the home run contest.
- Sarah M from Breaking Bats beat out Jodie from Shebeen Clippers and Krista C from Tailgators to win the ladies home run.
- Matt Dottin from Born Stars was the fastest and beat Vin from Cash Money and David from ??? to win the base running contest. Winning time was 11.56 seconds around the bases.
- Leah C from Inferno and Hall of Shamers beat Brenda H from Breaking Bats and Karen B from Upper Deck to win the ladies baserunning with a time of 13.84 seconds.
- Devo from Master Batters won the pitching contest, beating Ryan from Twist Offs and Robbo from Bat Blazers.
- Matt Wilson from Upper Deck won the throwing accuracy contest, and Crystyal B from Breaking Bats beat Krista C from Tailgators to be the most accurate lady thrower.
- All event winners won All-Star hoodies, second won a shirt and third won All-Star t-shirts.
- The RSPA All-Star Night is a result of a lot of work and cannot be succesful without the help we got from the amazing crew of volunteers! Uncle Ian was the main man on the barbecue; Robbo was the "dispenser"; Gootch and Darlene kept things smooth; Jodie, Emily, Allan and Cathy ran the events; Anthony and Marcus were the photographers; and of course Ed Sato and Judy were helping out; Eddie G, Steve and Keith kicked in; and more people than we can mention helped out; and we missed Jeff who has ran this event for the last 5 years.
RSPA Slo-Pitch 2012 All-Star Night
The RSPA 2012 All-Star Night & Barbecue was cancelled
as the city closed the parks due to inclement weather.
RSPA Slo-Pitch 2011 All-Star Night
with a FREE BARBECUE and a variety of baseball contests.
The 2011 RSPA All-Star Night was dedicated to Chris Allen
with donations going to the Heart & Stroke Foundation in his name.
We collected $1963.11 in Canadian; $6.25 in US and a Jamaican $10 coin
that I think is worth $0.13 and the league donated the difference
to bring it up to a total $3000.00 donation.
- Mike Flemming from Flaming Arifs won the male home run hitting contest,
with Peter from the Dragons in second place.
- Christina Vecchiato from Master Batters won the female home run hitting contest,
with Tracy from the BYOB in second place.
- Jeremy Short from the Hawks won the male base running for the second year in a row,
with Omar from Ruff Ryders in second place and Graeme from Woodies in third place.
- Bertina from the ASU Sun Devils won the female base running contest,
with Kristina from A-Rod in my Pujols in second and Courtney from Flaming Arifs in third.
- Flaming Arifs won the team throwing contest; with A-Rod and ASU Sun Devils second and third.
Only 3 teams managed to complete the course without throwing the ball away.
- George Raposo from Hawks won the male individual throwing accuracy contest.
- Molly Cote from BYOB won the female individual throwing accuracy contest.
- Bergy from Chicks & Dicks won the pitching contest.
- Thanks to all the volunteers who stepped up to help run this huge event.
Special thanks to Jeff Warren for an amazing job!
- Another great night out with RSPA!
RSPA Slo-Pitch 2010 All-Star NightThe RSPA 2010 All-Star Night & Barbecue was held on Friday, August 13 at Wildwood Park.
A great success with free barbecue; free pop and water - and lots of competition;
- Jeremy Short from Hawks won both the home run and base-running contest.
- Justin from TNT was second in the home run and Matt from Misfits was second in the base running.
- Graham from Woodies was third in the base running.
- Krista from Heres To Grizz beat Lily-Ann from Dragons in the female home run contest.
- Michelle from Misfits beat Camille from Ruff Ryders in the base running.
- Hawks were first in the team throwing contest "around the horn",
- with Dragons in second and Heres to Grizz in third.