RSPA Slo-Pitch New Team Application/InfoUpdated November 7, 2021
Steps to Apply as a New Team for RSPA Slo-Pitch
- Check the following pages for information on RSPA Slo-Pitch League:
Frequently Asked Questions For New Teams
How To Start A New Team
RSPA Team Info Package web page
- Check that the Parks & Diamonds are suitable for your team.
We do give the teams the option to choose preferred parks and nights.
Note that some parks such as Fleetwood Park are booked and will be spread out to the requesting teams.
Check the map and list of diamonds at: Parks & Diamonds
RSPA Team Park/Night Preference Form: - Complete Park/Night Preference Form and scan and email back.
(This form may be revised at a later date, if you change your mind about your park selections)
REMEMBER: These are requests only and are not guaranteed.
RSPA Park-Night Preference Form - Tentative only — Parks may be revised for the new season.
- PREFERRED NIGHTS: On your Team Info Form indicate which night your team prefers to play.
Some nights are already busy - Wednesday and Thursday nights. No late games available for Wednesday and Thursday nights.
All new teams MUST play TWO FRIDAY NIGHTS. We will even let you select your Friday nights in advance.
- Complete the "Team Info and Application Form" and fax or
- RSPA Team Info Form (PDF)
Team Info and Application Forms are requests only and are not confirmed. They will be confirmed in order of receipt and approval.
RSPA League Fees for 2022With further increases in park fees, insurance, SPN registration, umpires and other costs, the RSPA team fees:
Returning teams league fees are $1700.00, still one of the lowest league fees in the GTA and a great value for what is included.
New teams pay $1700.00 and are not required to pay the new team fee.
RSPA league fees includes parks, permits, insurance, SPN registration, carded umpires, game balls
and also subsidizes the league banquet, All-Star night, Dunton party nights, volleyball night, etc.
As well, all teams MUST PAY:
Tournament Fee: all teams - due June 4 — $ 350.00 (One RSPA tournament is mandatory for all league teams)
Banquet deposit is not required for 2022, but tickets will sell out quickly. Only TWO banquets for 2022.
(Banquet deposit is usually minimum 4 tickets per team; not required for 2022)
PLEASE NOTE: The tournament fee and banquet deposit are an integral part of the league and the league fees. We only keep them separate for financial control reasons. If your team is not prepared to pay tournament and banquet fees, please find another league.
|Due||Returning Team||New Team||Payment|
|April 12, 2022||$300.00||$300.00||1st payment|
|May 4, 2022||$500.00||$500.00||2nd payment|
|June 4, 2022||$900.00||$900.00||3rd payment|
|LEAGUE FEES:||$ 1700.00||$ 1700.00||League fees|
|June 4, 2022||$350.00||$350.00||Tournament fee|
|August 1, 2022||$ 0.00||$ 0.00||Banquet deposit|
|TOTAL||$ 2050.00||$ 2050.00|
- RSPA league fees are payable by cheque, money order, cash or Interac money transfer.
- No debit cards, Mastercard or Visa accepted.
- Cheques are payable to RSPA.
- Post-dated cheques are recommended for final payment & tournament.
- $20 fine for all late payments.
Teams with late payments will NOT be scheduled.
- League fines for game defaults $50 first time, $100 for 2nd time, $200 for 3rd game default.
- League fines $10 for uniform fine or no bases, no pitching mat or no game ball.
- All default fines and late payment fines will be strictly enforced.
All fees and fines must be paid before play-offs start or teams do not play.
- Any team that does not get league fees and payments to the league on time will be fined and suspended.
- It is YOUR responsibility to get the fees in. It is not our responsibility to chase you for it.
- Invoices and/or receipts are available. Somebody on your team may be able to write it off.
- League deposit payments are non-refundable.
New Players Looking For a Teamgo to New Player page
RSPA Open Slo-Pitch PracticesRSPA holds "open" practices, by invitation only, specially for players looking for a coed team are Sunday mornings and Thursday nights. Looking for females and couples M-F and a few high level males. Friday night teams looking for players.
Thursday night practices are Thursday night 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (weather permitting)
Sunday morning practices are every Sunday morning 10:00 am to 12:00 noon (weather permitting)
For more practice status, information, maps, etc. see RSPA Open Practice Info. - See RSPA New Player for new player info and FAQ.
RSPA Home - SloPitch1.com Home - Site Map
For more information about RSPA Slo-Pitch
please contact: Randy Warren
RSPA 2022 Slo-Pitch TournamentsAll tournaments tentatively Saturday one-day.
Saturday, May 7 (one-day)
• June 4 • July 16 • July 23
• August 20 • September 24 • Oct 1